Your story is more than just words on a page.
Are you in the midst of preparing your story for submission to publishers or planning to self-publish? How exciting! I would love to work with you to create a high-quality book that readers will be talking about long after they’ve finished reading it.
What’s line editing, copyediting, and proofreading?
- Line editing ensures sentences are as effective as possible. This involves tightening up the sentence structure so the language is sharp and clear. It looks closely at word choice and syntax, and how they contribute to the overall tone of the text.
- Copyediting goes deeper and is a more technical approach to text. Along with correcting grammar, spelling and punctuation, it also involves research to verify basic facts and ensures consistency throughout the overall text.
- Proofreading is the final step before publishing, and takes your story and refines it into a flawless experience for your audience. Contrary to belief, it’s more than just fixing commas. It involves correcting spelling, punctuation, formatting and word use.
My services include both editing and proofreading. Both are important steps in the publishing process of your book. My job is to bring fresh eyes and a sharp perspective to analyze every word, sentence, and phrase. If you are unsure of which service is right for your project, send me an email and let’s discuss it.
Book Editing Services
Package includes the following: fixing grammar, spelling and punctuation; looking for incorrect word usage; correcting formatting errors; following the writer’s style guide; and one revision round.
Package includes the following: correcting spelling, grammar, punctuation, word usage and syntax; maintaining consistent language style usage; double-checking foreign words and phrases, idioms and cliches; correcting inconsistencies in overall content; The Editorial Report; and one revision round.
Package includes the following: correcting sentence structure and repetitive phrasing; addressing tone, flow and pacing; strengthening narrative voice; The Editorial Report; and one revision round.
While working on your manuscript, my promise to you is the following:
- I will always maintain your style and voice. My role is to polish what you have already written for the sole purpose of making you shine.
- I will maintain consistency. Your story will be clear and will flow smoothly from beginning to end.
- Your text will be polished, error-free, and the best version of itself.
All manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word and in standard industry format: one-inch margins all the way around, double-spaced, and Times New Roman, 12-point font. Each new chapter should start one-third of the way down on a new manuscript page.